Welcome to CABE’s website
CABE exists to Inform, Inspire and Influence Christian business people from all church backgrounds and all types of business, as they seek to live out their faith day to day.
Tuesday 4 November – 1800 for 1815 start
HUGH KAY LECTURE
“Catastrophe, Complacency or Courage?
Lessons we can all learn from the Titanic
Herta von Stiegel -Executive Chairman of Ariya Capital group and Independent Chair for CHAPS
Herta is founder and CEO of Ariya Capital Group Limited, a financial services and project development firm focusing on clean energy and infrastructure investments in Africa.
She is the founder and former chair of the Prince’s Trust Women’s Leadership Group, the author of “The Mountain Within – Leadership Lessons and Inspiration for your Climb to the Top”, leader of a multi-national and multi-ability team to summit Mount Kilimanjaro and Executive Co-producer of the award-winning film “The Mountain Within”, chronicling the expedition.
Venue: The offices of the Financial Conduct Authority at 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS http://www.fca.org.uk/site-info/contact/how-to-find-us
For a Flier for the Lecture click here
Visit the Events Page for details of other exciting and informative coming CABE events.
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org
CABE Women Discussion
Christian Women in Leadership
Led by Nola Leach of CARE
13 Christian women at various stages in their working life and journey of faith met to share the joys and challenges of being a woman in leadership in business and the third sector on Wednesday 3 September. A few key things which we covered were:
- The challenge of being a woman in leadership is not always about a lack of confidence and a need to prove ourselves. It can sometimes be about how to deal with leaders above us who can’t deal with our skills and self-confidence.
- There is a balance to be struck that when we talk about ‘being ourselves’ that it’s as Ok to be a ‘ballsy’ woman as it is to accept that if we are not we but can still be a good leader.
- While we all have an idea of what a good leader looks like in theory we know we can never live up to it ourselves and those who lead us never do either. We have to be honest with ourselves and with others in celebrating strengths and weaknesses.
- While this is so for all women in leadership as Christian women there can be particular expectations on us but also we have a different type of role model in Jesus.
- Working in a Christian organisation or where we are known to be a Christian can also add to the pressures.
Some possible topics for future a CABE Women discussion are:
- Is it Ok for Christian women to be ambitious?
- Is Career planning Ok for Christian Women?
- How to handle our boss.
If you have any suggestions about topics or speakers for future events please contact CABE Director Pauline Hart
Visit CABE‘s FaceBook or LinkedIn pages to join the debate.
Please let Jayne know that you intend to come. email@example.com
See the Events page for Details of the rest of the CABE 2014 Programme.